Thursday, June 2, 2011

Distress it! challenge at AiFactory!

Yes! it's that time again! A challenge at AiFactory! And this week we're distressing our projects :)

I think you might start to realise my love for altered projects soon, if you havn't already... Because I've done it again today with the challenge!

The DT were given a clipart selection to work with this week called Cute birds and bugs, you can find it at the store for purchase here. And you can see what it looks like in this picture below:


I love this whole set and even plan on using it on a Scrapbook LO in the near future (Watch this space). As I'm feeling a bit under the weather this week, I only had enough crafty mojo in me to use one image for one project and didn't utilise everything available to me.

On to the challenge! Because I am more of a 'clean lines' kind of crafter, I don't really like to rough up the edges of my projects too much. BUT, and it's a big BUT, I love to distress the edges of my papers with ink! and always a dark brown or black. So that's what I did. I inked everything on this project....the paper and the image :)

I decided on using the multicoloured bug for my project and chose some fun scrappy paper that I had in my scrap stash to go with it. I then got out a spare sticky note pad I have and covered it with the pattern paper.

I cut out three copies of the image and paper pieced it onto the cover of my sticky note pad. Then just to add a bit of my weirdo touch, I stuck some googly eyes onto him!



I found that as hard as I tried to keep the top flap of the cover closed on my note pad, the more it wanted to stay up....


So I tricked the little bugger and tied a ribbon around it :) I love the final finish:



So, by now you should know the drill :) Hop on over to the challenge blog to see what the DT have cooked up for you today and enter your own distressed project. You might even find yourself a freebie there....just sayin....
And if you head on over to the store here, you'll find even more freebies to work with! You don't necessarily have to use an AiF image to enter but wouldn't it be nice if you did?

Have a Terrific Thursday everyone! Catch you all again tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Petra, I love your altered sticky note pad. It's so cute! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..I love this cutie note pad..wonderful job u did there my friend :) thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....