Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2011: A year in Review - Week 18

Catching up, slowly but surely everyone :) Week 18 in the review has arrived!

I loved putting this one together purely because I love the paper so much. If you look carefully, you'll notice all of it is the same as the papers I used for the wedding stationery I made a while back. Thus, I am continuing successfully on my scrappy quest! yay!

I used another sketch from Let's scrap (yes, I am addicted to this whole scrapping from a sketch thing...) and I think it came out alright. The mix of the different patterns worked just right.

Along with the paper from the stationery, I also used other elements from the set I put together, includiing this gold sticker which we placed on the front of the invitations, and the flowers (with the bride and groom stamp)which were carried throughout the stationery set.


If you havn't noticed already, I will tell you that I am particularly in love with using scallops. I did it again with this LO using my scalloped ruler. I traced the pattern onto the paper before cutting it out. I also cut out some photo corners and raised them on foam squares before adhering to the page. The tag journals the fact that we attended Charlene and Daniel's wedding.


I am quite impressed with myself at the next embellie, I actually cut it off the paper's description! It's the Mr and Mrs set by ____ (I'll have to get back to you on this, LOL!). Anyway, I cut it out and inked it in black (just like everything else on the page. I love bows, how could I not feature one here too?


The title was made using that chipboard template I told you about the other day. I traced the letters onto my cardstock and then cut out. I adhered them flush to the page. The number 18 was actually printed off after creating it in Microsoft Word. You'll also notice from this pic that my photo's all have white borders, I created this by sanding the edges.



And finally, all the pieces put together:




Hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday! Catch you back here tomorrow with an awesome bookmark! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this page! The maroon touch is really great and breaks up the busy (but gorgeous) BG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way this has turned out....particularly like the sanded edges on the photos...very designerish (new word)...and so nice to use the actual papers 'n' stuff from the wedding. Keep 'em comin', P.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand cutting scallops? Are you mad, woman?! You must have the patience of a proverbial saint :)
    Really finishes it off beautifully though. Maybe time to start making your Christmas list, just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....