Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Christmas in June??

No, it's not Christmas in June, but seeing as we're heading nicely into our winter here in South Africa, and one of my blogger friends just LOVES snow, I thought I'd make a bookmark around this theme for her :)

I found the tutorial quite a long time ago at splitcoaststampers.com, you can pick it up there by becoming a member and browising through their amazing tuts. This one specifically, is called the Corner bookmark tutorial. It's really so very easy to put together and small enough that you should be able to find scraps in your scrap paper box to use.

Speaking of scraps, this is exactly what I used to put my bookmark for AM together :) I followed the basic instructions for the bookmark assembly and then decorated it in a snowy scene by cutting shapes with my cuttlebug. I used the winter die set, which looks like this.


A couple of close ups of my die cut elements, I stuck everything down with a clear glue:


You can see from the above picture that I also utlised my snowflakes cuttlebug folder on the blue cardstock.
The house in the die set was so fun to put together, I loved picking and choosing scraps form my stash to make the house look just right! And aren't those smoke swirls too cute?


I raised the snowman on foam so that he would have a bit more dimension to him and drew on his face with a steadler fine tip. I also coloured in his arms to look like proper brown twigs.


The lacy scallop on the bottom edge of the bookmark was punched with my martha stewart punch and inked with brown ink.

The bookmark in an actual book looks like this:



I stamped the back of the bookmark with a sentiment from the Angel Company and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder:



So, there you have it! Now why dont you hop on over to the splitcoast site and find the tutorial so you can make it yourself :) Have a fantastic Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!AM WILL LOVE THIS TAG!!!!! WONDERFUL JOB PETRA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria is sooooo right....I absolutely adore this BEAUTIFUL bookmark....you truly couldn't have given me anything nicer, my little friend! It's evident that you put in such a lot of thought, and care, in the creation, and I LOVE you for it! Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow!! Ha!
    Will treasure for always :D x

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....