Friday, June 10, 2011

2011: A year in Review - Week 14

Well, as promised (and I like to think I keep my promises) today I'll be carrying on with my show and tell of 2011 :) Week 14 to be exact.

Week 14 marked the completion of the creation of my second Card kit for our local scrapbooking store. I remember being so excited about the fact that the ladies even considered buying the first one! and then wondering how on earth I was going to keep them interested? and top the first kit?

So, obviously, week 14's focus had to be on the kit. And I even had paper from the kit leftover in my (cringe) scrap paper stash! Believe me when I say that this stash doen't seem to be getting any smaller and I find myself wondering how on earth I plan on using all of it successfully before I allow myself another paper purchase.

I used another sketch from Let's Scrap, blooming marvellous inspiration I tell you. I have enough sketches to keep me scrapping for months and they just keep generating more!
Of course, the fact that the photo I decided to use and the paper left in my stash from the kits helped too. For one reason, and one reason only.....they were pink! yes, sigh, I am sooooooo predictable.

The title was made by tracing out the relevant letters from an old chipboard letter thing I had onto cardstock and then adhering it on to the page with foam squares. I'd used the actual chipboard letters already but kept the board they were in to use for a template. It does pay to hoard your scraps, no matter what form they are :)

The tab you see attached to the photo that says magic is actually a left over sticker from a 7-Gypsies sticker sheet. And the scalloping on the light pink cardstock was punched with my Making memories scalloped punch. The dry embossing on the circle to the left was done with my spots and dots cuttlebug folder.


I also managed to finally try a technique on this LO that I've been aching to do for ages. Stitching with crafters floss. I chose a pink floss (very waxy this stuff is, for those of you who aren't familiar with it) and used my paper piercer to make holes big enough for the floss to fit through. I then threaded it in a criss cross manner and placed a button at the end of the line to fonish it off. The black sentiment sticker under the photo came off the same sticker sheet as the magic tab.



And then my favourite embellishment on scrapbook pages.... ribbon, glorious ribbon!


The final Layout:



Really, I dont mean to brag, but I've noticed a marked difference in my scrapbooking, have you? Have a Wonderful Friday all! I hope your weekends are just magic!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful P! (Hoping this time it takes my remark)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed a progression, and I really think that being a cardmaker helps us when we scrap, and the other way round, of course. I know I've said it before, but P, you are going to be sooo glad you started this journey.....and it will be a treasure in your family for generations to come....just beautiful, and can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....