Friday, September 2, 2011

AiFactory Celebration Blog Hop!

Welcome to theAifgraphics Celebration blog hop!  We want to introduce you to our new site and all the great fun that you can find there. The hop runs from Friday September 2nd until Sunday September 4th.  The winners will be announced on the new site on September 6th.  
Our new site has challenges, tutorials, a gallery, freebies and more.  We are excited to have you participate and join us! Each DT member will showcase a different AIF image, one that is a favorite to work with. 
Complete the blog hop and leave a comment on the DT blogs and the new site for a chance to win one of 5 great prizes!  We have digital images, Gift Cards to our store and yummy scrapping products to give away! 

 Here is your blog hop order:
                                Petra                        
                                      Ika                               
                                 Shelley                           
                                       Tammy                                
                                       Anne                                  
        Aifgraphics site
Make sure that you leave a comment on each DT blog as one of the 5 prizes will be a random winner from one of the blogs.  Even the DT members don't know which one it will be! Once you have completed the hop, leave us a comment on the new site letting us know what you think of the new site and anything you might like to see in the future, images, tutorials etc. Goodluck!
So without further adeu, here is the project I came up with for this momentous occasion :) Because AiFactory is being 'revamped' in a way, I thought it would be a perfect theme to carry through my project.
I don't know if any of you remember this?

I posted it way back in the early days of my blog, back when card making was still new to me. It's very plain and simple and quite frankly a little drab. So I decided to revamp it using MY favourite AiFactory digi, this little Birdie set II:


It just so happens that this set is on sale in the store for $5.00, click the pic to take you to it's destination in the store if you'd like to purchase it :)
Anyway, so I revamped the card...it's too pretty now that I'm done :)
     

Originally, the card was made using the scrap paper that I had at the time. I had taken a card making class and this card layout was part of the class. I have carried on with my scrappy quest, and the added check DP is also from my scrap pile. I inked the Check DP heavily in brown after I tore it's edges with with jagged ruler. I also re-inked the edges of the card for more of an edgy look.
I coloured the nest with eggs image from the set with my Sharpies and dotted the eggs with my white gel pen for a more realistic speckled egg effect. I stuck the image down directly onto the DP, but refrained from placing any adhesive on the leaves, I like my cards to have a little dimension.
Two silver bling flowers finished it off nicely in the embellishment department, followed by a stamped quote phrase.

So hop on to the next blog...Ika...and leave her some love! Remember, if you get lost along the way, hop on back to my post to have another look at the list :) Have a Happy Friday everyone!
xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Looks like we have the same favorite stamp Petra :) this is so wonderful.. love every peace on it!! the colors, the layout, especially the coloring technique and that you're using scraps.. love it so much!! I've been starring at it for hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to revamp the card reflecting the revamping of the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P, I must say the revamp is excellent. First card has simple elegance to it. Revamp has just the right amount of "pop" and blends the two background papers perfectly. Adding that torn strip, genius! Love the stamp set, and I must say you astound me with your coloring on those eggs. Vicky is right, nice to tie that card into the web store being revamped. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning! what a great card Petra I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Petra, the revamp is excellent. Love all the details, especially the torn and inked strip. The bird eggs are such a pretty blue too! Fantastic way to start the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's nice about your first card is that it's so versatile! Your revamp is fab, love the blue eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that nest - almost makes you want to sit down to see the little birds being hatched :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow P!.....how you have grown....heehee....I've signed up to the new site, and can't wait to see what's to come!
    I agree that the torn edge is a fab touch, and those birdies are very cute....aawwww!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. I love how you colored the edges too.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow , must say i love the way you have colored it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the color of the bright blue eggs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want to come and revamp my wardrobe, P? You have a knack for making drab look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredibly nice card. Love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful card! Great creativity!

    I just found your blog and am now a follower. So very nice to meet you! Stop over to my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....