Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Glorious Gold

Hello everyone!

Well, I've finally kicked my butt into gear and I have commited to making something new every night. Lets hope I can stick to it hey?

Last night, my inspiration came from an old Christmas gift tag. It is Gold in colour with a swirly pattern on it. I decided to recycle it on a card and below is what I came up with.


The Friend image is a wood mounted stamp I purchased a while back, I am not even sure it has a company name on it but will have to check. I inked it with Colourbox chalk in Chestnut Roan and embossed with clear embossing powder by Clearsnap Holding. The fleur de lis is a chipboard die that i purchased from our local PNA store made by Fabscraps, I inked it with clear embossing ink by Emboss and embossed with Gold glitter by Clearsnap holding to match the swirly Christmas tag. I bought a small pack of five of the paper flower that you see on the card, I will have to learn how to make these on my own sometime, they really are lovely. Here are two close ups of the details:

I used cream cardstock for the base of the card, and rich chocolate brown for the contrasting layer. Hope you all enjoy the eye candy and attempt to make your own!

Until tomorrow, have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....