Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dream

Hi all, here is another scrapbook layout!

When I was in Matric (Grade 12, or final year of High school for those that are not familiar with our school years) all the students in my grade pitched in to help raise money for our gift to the school. We were the first Matric group in the school and had wanted to start a tradition for ourselves and future Matriculants to follow.

With the money that was raised we commissioned a company to build a little structure almost like a bell tower, and placed a plaque with the year and all our names on it at the base. On the last day of school as a matriculant, it is tradition for each matriculant to ring the bell as a symbol of the closing of our school careers.

So this is what this page is about, my last day at school (can't believe it was 7 years ago already!) and the ringing of the bell. We had a final assembly and then a procession past the Bell, which each of us rang.

Now, after my soppy little story, let me tell you more about the supplies used :) The Be all that you Dream to be sentiment is actually a card that I purchased from our local craft store. I inked all edges in chestnut Roan by Colorbox. Can you believe this page was made entirely (except for the yellow Cardstock) from Scraps of paper that I had?
The embossed Green cardstock was embossed using a cuttlebug folder and then sanded down to reveal the white base. I threaded the buttons through these pieces before adhering them to the page. The striped and the dot Pattern paper were punched with a Martha Stewart Lace punch to get the decorative edges.



I know that many matriculants in SA have or have almost completed their Matric exams and I know that they all have dreams and aspirations just as I did. Here's to the ringing of the Bell and moving forward on to Great things! That's means you Chanti :)

Have an awesome Thusrday everybody! And Happy Thanksgiving to those in America :)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome story Petra! Love the scrapbook page too...and the fact that it is mostly all scraps! I have bins of scraps and try to challenge myself all the time to use only scraps but the new pretty paper always seem to call my name instead! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....