Thursday, October 13, 2011

Make a crap card great day!

Ahem, I apologise for my choice of words in explaining the blog post.....Sorry. But it really was true and I did make a crap card great, promise!

When I first started making card, I thought I was so clever. I made little note cards out of my scraps and used wage pockets for envelopes. Clever, yes. pretty? no. Well, not to my eye anyway. Not after a year of making cards and learning from some really talented people out there.

I failed to take a photo of the 'before', but can explain it pretty easily. the card was just a base with one piece of patterned paper on it. The envelope had one piece of embossed cardstock on it, with a button sewn to the bottom left corner.

I scratched like an eager chicken through my stash and found some die cut hearts, and heart bling and a worthy stamp. The die cut hearts have been lying in a black hole for the last two years, I think they are happy to see the light of day.


I added the hearts, stamped the sentiment and voila!



The envelope was treated with some patterned paper, glossy accents and the heart bling.


Don't they just look lovely together?


I hope everyone is having a good week so far, I'm finding it difficult to believe that we're almost half way through the month already!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. End result is lovely, trusting you original was not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Petra!! I love looking at your tutorials...AND Birdie's too! Always put together so well. Love it! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....