Friday, October 14, 2011

Colouring times equal fun times...

...sometimes. I struggle with colouring of images for my card projects. Really. I do. And it's not for lack of equipment either. I have Sharpies, koki's, Steadler fine tips, crayons, pencil crayons, fancy pencil crayons. Listing them out like this makes me feel kind of like a hoarder, but then which of us crafter's isn't?

Anyway, I struggled with colouring this image until I had a look at the packaging that the stamp came in. It was like a light bulb came on in my head and was flashing at lightning speed. I am good at copying. Whether it's actually drawing something or colouring it in, making a box or putting together a Scrapbook LO. I am good and it's a talent. It's probably the reason why I could never be an original artist.

So I picked up my sharpies and coloured my image by looking at how the packaging had 'coloured' her and came up with this (granted, much brighter and funkier) version:


It's not as expertly done as some of the 'professionals' out there in big wide card making world, but I think I did pretty well according to my standards and experience.

I put together the card with a mixture of patterned and plain cardstock, and adorned it with a big red bow. Bow envy anyone?


Put together, it looks like this:


Hope you all have a fantastic Friday! it's the weekend!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. P you are an original in everything - not a copy.
    Love your card, cheery and bright. Bow envy - ha, jealous as all get out more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my humble opinion, this is beautifully coloured, P....and a bright ickle fairy she is, too!
    The bow is a lovely finishing touch....did ya get it off a chocolate box? HAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colours you choose for the image, a real cute image at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Do you have a special technique for tying those bows? Always so well done! And your fairy is colored very nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....