Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Friendship challenge at AiFactory!

I just couldn't resist a scrapbook page for my year in review when I recieved this week's digi. It's actually three weeks ahead of the Year in Review schedule but what the heck :) I'll show the pages in between from tomorrow :)

Anne, AiF DT member of note, chose this week's theme and image. The image we've worked with, and which will go free to the first ten downloads at the blog site, is called Best Friend's Forever. A little sneak for you (click on the pic to take you to the link at the AiF store if you miss the freebie):


Aptly, Anne chose the theme to be Friendship. She even has a delightful story about how her dog and cat truly are best friends on her blog post here. Hop on over and give her some love :)

We do not have any cats at home (yet) but I do consider our little pekingnese to be my BFF puppy :) How could I not document us welcoming her into our home as a highlight in my week in review book? She came to us in Week 29 and I have never looked back, not even when we were busy potty training...now that's what I call love. Hahaha!

Anyway, on to the page! I found some really neat doggy chipboard die cuts in my embellie stash so they came in quite handy for extra highlights on the page. I also made use of gorgeous felt patterned paper (thanks Birdie!) to add some depth to the page. Oh! and the background Kraft, flower patterned paper looks just perfect don't you think (thanks again Birdie!)? K & Company stickers also helped in the form of a banner and flower string.

                             

Of course the stunning Best Friends Forever digi fit perfectly under my journaling! I left the image uncoloured, but traced around it in brown ink and coloured the spots, eye's and noses in with the same pen. I used a Steadler fine tip to do this. I also wrote in the week along the side of the doggy's head.


I couldn't resist placing a ribbon around the photo with a bow...


The entire page, put together looks like this:


She sure was a cute puppy! Hope this inspires you to make not just a card with your digi images, but scrapbook pages and 3D items too! have a great day! and don't forget to grab the freebie before it disappears :)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Petra, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! There are so many fun details (love the dog bone title) and I love how you combined the digi with your layout. I don't think anyone could resist that cute face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P, I can't believe you found a use for that paper! Will say it felt pretty cool though. I love the whole thing and you did Jenga proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petra you adorable puppy is just too cute for words! Love the layout too!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....