Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pink ...is my favourite colour

Yes, I know, you all get tired of my pink obsession (I do, no point in sugar coating it). But I just cannot seem to get enough of it. I reach for it every time I get stuck while crafting and it's THE go-to colour for a feminine card. sigh* I love it, so much.

                               

I used a wood mounted stamp from a local company (who have failed to put their name on the stamp) for this card. It is a bunch of five roses, pretty no? I stamped it in black and then heat embossed it with clear powder. I coloured it with sharpies and stuck  buttons, with silver twine threaded through, on the three of the roses. The sentiment is an Angel company stamp, love how crisp these stamps turn out.

I am in love with my scrap pile of paper, I have so much of it that it isn't difficult to find paper to put together. Granted, I am having to scratch like a hungry chicken in the dirt to find the pieces I want. I am hoping my hands don't grow chicken talons from the constant treasure hunting.

I made use of a few tools on this card, including my paper piercer, Martha Stewart lace punch and cuttlebug. It's the first time I am using this embossing folder and it will take some getting used to. It's just not as 'pretty' as some of my others. I am going to have to think of ways to use it more productively.

The ribbon should look familiar to you, it is the bigger brother of the piece I used on Clyde in yesterdays post. Amazing how I can make one scrap piece of ribbon stretch over two cards...genius I tell you*


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Genius indeed! Very pretty in all it's pinkness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the roses...it's an age since I heat-embossed anything....mmmm....and it's always such a satisfying thing to do, isn't it?
    I saw that woodgrain folder used to look like folded satin on a dress digi, if that's any inspiration to ya? Can't remember where, but it did look very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink is such a pretty color to work with and you did awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....