Monday, November 7, 2011

More fun, less chores!

You know, life just happens. No warnings, no planning. You have to learn to go with the flow. I used to stress about getting a post up every day here, franticly crafting every single night in order to 'post something tomorrow'. The last few weeks, nay, months, have had me pretty stressed out about posting anything on this blog. I have had dry spells, busy spells and just plain couldn't be bothered spells. I am sure that I am not the only crafter out there who has had this type of blogging experience. In fact, I would bet that all craft bloggers experience this at least once during their blogging lifetime. I think.

Anyway, I have come to the calm conclusion that being a woman that holds a full time job and has a family that she loves to spend time with, means that I do not have to fret about updating a blog every single day. I might just be trying to make myself feel better here but this is how I feel about it at the moment. Crafting should not be a chore, it should be fun.

That said, I really have had this card sitting in my photo box for a week, waiting to show it's pretty face to you. Unfortunately a certain thing called month end at work had me working my fingers to the bone and I was too tired and disinterested to post about it.

I have really been enjoying the creative side of the whole crafting experience lately, due to my renewed vow to only craft when I feel like it. It brings out the scissor cutting, template drawing monster in me. Just ask my husband...who had to help me cut out 45 babygrow shapes last night, hand drawn onto Designer paper, for a certain project I cannot yet mention.

I was that monstor with this card. I absolutely had to draw myself a tree and put it together to match the paper I was using for the card.

                            

I stamped my Kaisercraft sentiment in black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then took my distressing tool (actually just an emery board) and distressed the edges. I love this look and you can see the details in a bigger version of the photo by clicking on it.

The 'leaf' bunches on my tree were mounted onto foam squares for dimension and I added a butterfly brad just because.


The making of this card did not cause harm to any pieces of 'new' paper.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. "The making of this card did not cause harm to any pieces of 'new' paper" **LOL!!**

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the card P (Ali) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEAR, HEAR....and so say all of us!
    I'm still strugglin' to come to terms with keeping a balance...I want to craft most days, but family happens...haaaa....so blogging and cardmaking happen when I have the time...and the energy (not often, then!).
    I have a pad of that Hello Birdie paper, but used very little....looks lovely on your creation, P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog everyday? Who ever has heard of that? Certainly not me - more in line with your new outlook, better for the brain, body and soul ;)

    Happy about the paper still being unharmed. Now, about the emery board...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi P,
    What's this about not blogging every day! You should see my blog, great intentions and all but never happens, what's the saying "don't sweat the small stuff", family and life are more important, crafting IS fun - keep it that way.
    I love the sentiment you used on the card, so simple but lots of love behind the meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....