Wednesday, November 30, 2011

AiFactory Challenge #98 - Something Red!

Well, it certainly has been a tough couple days for me crafting wise everyone. I think this AiF project is my first non-commissioned project I've worked on since advertising my services for those advent calenders...over 30 made.... two more to go and then I will decline any more orders.

I have some exciting news to share before I carry on with the blog post. I have been elected as the new DT leader for the AiFactory Design team. I am extremely honoured and hope that I can do the brand and the DT members proud.

The project this week features a digital stamp in the AiF store that is very festive in nature. You can find it here. It looks like this:


Though I am happy with my idea for this project, I still feel that it needs a bit more tinkering. I will play a bit more with it tonight I think. It needs more oomph! in terms of embellishments I think. I dunno? what do you think?

I saw 3D when I started working on the image. A bird in a cage..... coloured with sharpies and embellished with lots of glitter glue :)




The box has three open sides to view the bird, I tried to make it look like it was 3-dimensional. Next time I will fussy cut the image and try see how it works that way. I am thinking I need to place a huge poinsetta on the top of the box....



Hope you will join us for the challenge, it will be open for submissions until midnight ont he 13th December. The rules have changed a bit, you can now enter with any image, but if you win using an AiF image you get two images instead of just one! Now that's a bargain if I ever saw one :)

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love your 3d box idea - very clever. You forgot to link your photo to your blog on the AiF blog. You definitely want people to come see your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra....so proud of you! Congratulations, sweetie...well-deserved, in my humble opinion, lol.
    Love the 3D birdie box....and yep...needs a massive poinsettia...just sayin'....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the "job". :-) Your box is lovely and way out of my league...do I even have a league...hmmm...anyway, I think it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Petra on your new DT Post. Those advent calendars are lovely and the flowers are really good.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....