Saturday, August 18, 2012

Inspiration by Anne-Marie

Sounds like a perfume or even a clothing line doesn't it? It may as well be, because my friend Anne-Marie has some skills in the design department... the card-making department that is. I mosied on over to her blog today and found not only a delectable card, but a bunch of challenges to enter too. I haven't entered one in quite a loooooong time, so I thought I'd play along. Thanks AM :)


I used a cut file from silhouette called 'outline frames set' for the purple frames and inners, the link will take you to the location in the store if you would also like to own it. And just in case you were wondering, no, I am not paid by Silhouette to advertise for them :) LOL!

The heart stamps actually come from a scrappy cat set I have called All Girl (Item #427), the ribbon from a re-purposed gift bag (go me!) and the chipboard flowers from the set I bought last year sometime to make the felt flowers (tutorial here).



Did you know you could turn a toothpick into a flag? I put glue on one end and placed (read: Shoved) a bead over it. This took care of any nasty points and of course, my favourite word in the craft blogosphere...... added 'dimension'. Really, have you noticed how many of us use this word on our blogs to describe our work? Can we not think of anything better? It's starting to sound so boring. (please note I am probably the MOST guilty party when fingers are pointed regarding the use of this word, sigh*)

I know that my photo's have been really 'loud and proud' lately. It's because of the Blog design change I underwent that now allows me more space in the actual blogging part of the blog. That, and the fact that I recently discovered the magic that is Picasa, in free photo editing tools. I downloaded it during the week and I love it's versatility. I would recommend it if you're looking for something like it.

Challenges entered (courtesy of AM's blog):
http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.co.uk/ (Challenge 50 - Lots of Layers)
http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/ (Rich and Earthy Colours)

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I love the dimension you have achieved on your so-dimensional creation...all those funky layers give soooo much dimension, and takes your card to a whole new dimension...hahaaa!...had enough?
    I've actually got a Silhouette machine but it's lurkin' under a ton of more pleasant stuff, because that thing scares me!
    You've obviously brought it to heel because your card is great! I do actually love all the...ahemm...dimension....and the flag and flower are the perfect finishing touches...well done, you...oh, and thanks for linking up at Card Crafter's Circle...you aced it with the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the layes and dimensions. Thanks for joining us at Delightful sketches and hope to ee you back next week.
    Hugz,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card. Glad Anne-Marie inspired you. The texture and (OK, can't resist) dimensions (Haha) are actually wonderful and do make your card so very visually interesting. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea for the flag! Love the "window"! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely and a fabulous idea .... lots of layers :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your project with us over at Whimsy.

    XOXOXOXO Carly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Petra,
    Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle, I really like how you have created this cute card and I love these embellishments !!
    Hugs
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so wonderful. I just love this Creation. We would like to thank you for Entering Whimsy Stamps inspirations Challenge.
    Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Whimsy Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....