Saturday, August 18, 2012

My little Shadow

I really am getting into this whole inspiration thing today. One card and one scrapbook page done and dusted. Though I must admit that the pressure really does heighten when one knows one is going to enter one's work into a challenge somewhere. I can usually finish quite a large number of cards in one afternoon, not today. I must admit though, that I have never been a particularily fast scrapbooker.

I used the sketch from the scrapfit blog that was posted on the 15th of this month, and the current inspiration word over at Bird is the Word challenge blog. Links can be found at the end of this post.

I utilised my silhouette again, using a cut file called 'four vintage frames' and you can find it in their store here. I imported my photos into the silhouette program and placed them within the frames. I then printed them out and placed in the machine to cut. I really, really, love this function of the silhouette. It just makes life so much easier :) I also used my silhouette to cut the title. I made my own title using the text and welding tools.

I think many will surprised to find that the washi looking tape on my page is actually ribbon. I've had it for ages and use it so little due to the unique colour and pattern. The one consolation I have for this is that it will last a very long time! You'll note that I frayed the edges somewhat, I like how it looks.


The journaling is somewhat hidden, I've tucked it behind the set of photographs. I originally planned to have it sitting right beneath the title but thought that the white print looked a bit stark in contrast to the paper, and very out of balance with the rest of the elements. Quick thinking had me adding a punched out circle with a blue coloured staple to match.

And, if anyone is actually interested, because really, how many of us care what paper line is used unless we design for a specific company? The paper used is KaiserCraft - PS27 - Voliere from the Le Chateau collection. ha! and the pretty swirls are by Recollections and are called Boutique Fleur (distributed by Michaels).

Challenges:
http://scrapfit.blogspot.com/ (Workout #74 A sketch by Diana)

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love that circle on your journalling, it really links it in with the rest of your layout. And those swirls look divine. Thanks for joining in at ScrapFIT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really lovely.. the white space really adds impact to this gorgeous layout, love the flourishes.. and thanks for joining in at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout. I though your photos were Polaroid's at first. Very cool that you created them on your Silhouette. Love how you used ribbon for washi tape too (very creative).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the soft background colour....makes those pieces of ribbon really pop!
    Great work, P.....makin' me feel guilty that I've not scrapped for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those cute b&w photos and the polaroid shape you used!! Great job with the sketch, too!! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw!! Such adorable pictures of a sweet doggie! I love your bling and the perfect title :) Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous photos and love the design of your page...Thanks for playing along at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw! that doggy is cute!! thanks for joining us at BITW with this great LO.

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ownnnn it's a cute dog
    Lovely page
    tks for playing along with us at ScrapFit
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....