Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This and That

I have had a lot of fun recently, making cards, baking, playing in the snow....and savouring a papmering spa day (technically only 2 hours, but who's counting?) with some of my work colleagues.

I still make commissioned cards for my MIL's work, regardless of giving up on the full-on stationery business thing (for now*). I count it as doing a favour for family/friends and still enjoy doing it as the pressure is not much. Apart from the card I made below, I am in the process of making 30 odd birthday cards for the birthdays they missed at the end of last year/beginning of this year. More on those in another post though...I whacked them all like a mafia hitman in one afternoon. You can pass me a noddy badge right about now.


The cake was made using a box mix, could have been Blue Cloud? All I know is that I do not enjoy the pilsbury box cake mix so I avoided it with all my might when we were looking at them in the store. I did add a twist, and used buttermilk instead of regular milk...remember my failed ruby red cupcakes? I had left over buttermilk* works like a charm in keeping the cake extra moist, feel free to use the tip! Hubby loves caramel, so into the centre a whole entire TIN went.

The 7th August 2012, will forever remain an epic day for me. The beautiful, yet often dreaded, white stuff fell in Johannesburg. It started when I left for work in the morning, not even 2km from home, and carried on sporadically throughout the day and in various areas in Johannesburg and surrounds.
I have freakishly, squeeling, high pitched video recording of the snow fall...guess who's voice in the background? Too embarrassing, but oh so fun.

Thursday, 9th August, was Women's day here in South Africa. I think all my brainwashing at work, worked. I've been telling our bosses for month's that they should send us all on a spa day, and send us on a spa day they did! Thank you Bosses for a wonderful celebration of Women's day! I had a back massage, facial, manicure and pedicure all in the space of two hours. We closed it all off with a brunch and got given the afternoon off. How spoilt were we all? and, ahem, please note that all the photo's were taken by yours truly*


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. glad that you can use your Birthday-stamp-set in so many ways and that you like it that much :) Awesome Work Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful boss you have, wish I worked in your office. lol
    Shhhhh! Don't tell Coppernob about the snow or she will be on the first plane down to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, never mentioned your lovely cards. And they are wonderful, love the bright blue bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I take it snow in Joburg is not a usual occurance. Much like snow in Auckland that fell last year. Sooooo I understand the squealing completely. Lovely cards by the way and how lucky are you don't think the school budgets here would stretch to a spa day....good for you P.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....