Monday, February 6, 2012

Cuttlbug, scraps and prehistoric embellishments

So, the title of my blog post says it all. I used my Cuttlebug, scrap paper and prehistoric embellishments from my stash. The image should look familiar to one of my crafty friends too...

I started off by colouring my LOTV image with my trusted Sharpies. It was a therapeutic experience and a good practice colouring session :) I played with outlining the different areas in darker shades and colouring in with lighter shades. I am getting there people! I am getting there!


I got a stunning set of border embossing folders for Christmas from Christi Usher over at my Paper Craft Planet Group and I utilised it on the sides of the stamped image just to give it a bit more pop. I then dug in my ever growing pile of nice things that I avoid using and pulled out some wooden photo corners and sequins (yes, I even hoard sequins)



I think the card turned out quite CAS, and I like it!


Until my next post, Happy Monday!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love your card Petra, the sequins make a nice change from beads or buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Petra. The embossing edges are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really works! Not that I'm really surprised....you are so good at putting a new slant on something.....I really do like the idea of embossing a little on the frame....genius!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....