Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Classic elegance....a wedding invitation

I have been commissioned to make 100 wedding invites. The couple wanted something simple, elegant, and affordable. An easy task for me, seeing as I love affordable projects and I love classic looks.

I made use of my trusty cuttlebug for the embossing and played around with my computer to come up with a simple monogram, not something the couple asked for, but I thought it would add a nice touch.

The card inner looked a bit plain at first, so I punched it with a new corner punch I got from a new store round the corner from our house...my first splurge in months! and it was cheap!

The bride loves it and I am set to deliver them on the 27th of this month. How exciting :)



I'll be adding these to my portfolio for future clients (gee, I am really optimistic). I would love some commentry on the work, any advice or ideas on how to make it better? or change it up?

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Like them..very elegant...a new store close by ..very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra, go where your intuition takes you, as I think you are good at "reading" the person(s) you are creating cards for :o) A 100...oh my.... looking good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the order. Really simple and elegant, a great combo in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well elegant they are and classical too. I would say they are getting exactly what they wanted only better. Good for you P

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....