Monday, July 30, 2012

Beyond all Measure

I recently discovered the inspiration that is the Bird is The Word challenge page. Basically, a new word is given for every challenge, this is your inspiration.

Although I am late for the challenge entry for the word I made a page for, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I dug into new and old stash items, used my silhouette (I even created a tutorial, go me!), and got to document a day in the life of our marriage.

The word which I was too late to enter for was 'BEYOND'. This is my page.


On this particular day, hubby and I visited the Krugersdorp Game reserve, which recently came under new management. We were impressed not only by the wildlife and the condition which they were in, but also the picnic and braai (barbecue for you Americans and Canadians) areas which were available for us to make use of. I precariously perched the camera on top of the cooler box, which stood on top of a picnic table for the photo.

I layered the same photograph three times

I used a multitude of flowers, as well as gold leafed seaweed strips.
The scalloped trim was cut with my silhouette Cameo and of course, a file from their site.

This rose was compliments of my silhouette and a file I purchased online

The circle was custom designed and cut using my silhouette, a tutorial is to follow on how to do this

All in all, a good day was had by the both of us and a good time was had when I put together the page that documents the memory :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What lovely inspiriation for a layout. Love all the detailed embellishments you made and used.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....