Sunday, March 18, 2012

Digital crafting

Well, never did I think that I would be utilising my printer for anything other than sentiments and digi images. I was proved wrong!

I purchased a magazine recently that came with a free rubber stamp set as well as a disc. Hmmm, it all looked extremely dubious to me but I put the little fella in my pc and away it spun, loading all it's goodness into the bowels of my hardrive.

I am quite the explorer when it comes to new things like this and of course I have already tried and tested the contents of the disk. But before I go any further let me tell you what it is and where it came from.
The disc is called the 'Black and Gold Collection', it has Forever friends images and papers on it. I got it from the 93rd issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft. Yes, for once I have paid attention to my craft sources. Round of applause!

Anyway, I am still scared of printing whole pages of patterned paper and such when I have so much in my stash so I stayed away from that for the moment. What really interested me was the decoupage sheets available on this disk. I printed one out and used it for one of the commissioned cards I need to make this month.

Wow, what a joy it was to sit and fussy cut the image. Very easy lines to follow and the sheet clearly marked the order of the decoupage layers. My only complaint, if there had to be one was that i noticed that numbers 2 and 3 in the order were mixed up. Not that I'm extremely experienced but someone who knows nothing about decoupage would paste the layers together incorrectly.


The cardstock for the card base came out of my stash and the patterend piece from a small paper pad from Kaisercraft. I am really trying to use up what I have in order to get rid of some of the things I have been holding on to (read stroking lovingly).




The sentiment is a Kaiserkraft rubberstamp which I masked in order to stamp twice and follow the curve of the oval decoupage sheet. I punched the butterflies out with a nifty little mechanism thingy that has no name but I bought real cheap. It's a hand held tool in which you can place miniature dies in. I then inked them off my blue ink pad to give them the right colour.



I really love this card, the decoupage looks so 'real' and I can't wait to hand it over :)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card Petra. Gorgeeous little bear. The discs are very handy I must say. I just one a disc and can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done P! Have never done this myself but what a cute card. Will add to my someday pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, P, but with all the cutting out, it is not for me. But you really did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....