Wednesday, December 14, 2011

AiFactory Challenge #99 - Christmas

Wow, how did two weeks fly by so quickly? It's time for another AiFactory challenge! One that is so easy to create for! Christmas!

The DT have created stunning creations for your eyes to feast on, you can see them and enter at the challenge blog here. You will have until the 27th of December to upload your projects, and if you enter and win using an AiFactory image you'll get two images instead of just one!

The DT were given a stunning set of clip art to work with for this challenge, it's called Season Greetings and can be found at the store here. A sneak peek of the set looks like this:


I loved all the images on this set, but didn't want to make a card. I have been working my fingers to bone lately creating birthday cards on commission and sometimes a girl just needs to take a break :) I scratched around in my stash and found a stack of very large paper doilies.....

... Light bulb! I made a paper wreath! I used the candy cane image for my project, printing it off twice (one was reversed before printing). I fussy cut them out and centred them in the middle of the wreath. I then took my Sharpies and coloured in a few of the accent pieces of the doily. I stuck bling stones all around the edge and then added a nice big red bow to hang it on our front door.


I love how it turned out and my family loved it too. Amazing how something as simple as a paper doily can be such an inspiration :)

Hurry up and join us for the challenge, we can't wait to see your entries! And don't forget about the DT call we have running, you can see the post here. We are eagerly awaiting your submissions :)

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. P, love this and (hint, hint) looks as if could be easily mailed. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love how it turned out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *LOL* B :o)
    These look great Petra!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty---love the lace doily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super ,colourful and cheerful doily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very retty Petra..great idea! thanks for sharing and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea, P. great light bulb moment. lol
    Pop over to PCP when you get a chance you are missed there.
    Happy wishes for 2012 for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....