Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Kaisercraft Saturday Challenge # 3 - August

If I get to continue on with this crafting streak of mine, I'll be punching out a blog post every night! granted the internet connection lasts that is...Truth is, I really hope I get more time to craft, it's a huge stress reliever in my life.

So, the third Kaisercraft Saturday challenge was an anything goes, but using this colour scheme:


Pretty, don't you think? I thought so too!! So much so that this card only took me 20 minutes to produce - pretty quick when you consider I used sit for four hours and come up with only one! lol!

Read more about this challenge here.

Did you ever think that Christmas themed paper could make such pretty non-Christmas colour combination? I didn't either, but desperate times call for desperate measures crafters. I don't really have blue themed paper in my 12x12 Kaisercraft paper stash, so I had to really dig deep with the imagination.

The patterned paper is from the Christmas Collections 6" Paper Pad (which strangely enough does not have a product code on it?), the blue cardstock is a scrap piece that I scrounged from my pile so I don't know what brand it is really. The buttons are chipboard elements from the Up, Up and Away Collection, CB111. I used the Kaisercraft self-adhesive pearls again, SB713; and used a sentiment from the Mini Clear Stamp Set called Friends, CS920. The silver twine is no-name brand and the rose ribbon is Prima.



You'll notice that I used an edge punch on this card as well, it's a Pick it Up punch, but I'm not sure what it's called. Sorry. I used it on the card front, as well as on the inner.


I finished off the envelope with a few more pearls - plain, simple and elegant. It was a fussy yet non-fussy card, and I wish the photographs would do it more justice.


Hope you are having just as much fun with the challenges as I am!
 
xxx

2 comments:

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....