Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Kaisercraft Saturday Challenge #2 - Hello

We had Telkom install an internet line here at the house - the darn thing is off more than it is on and it becomes frustrating when I need to use the internet and can't...it's taken an hour to post this short recollection of my card for this challenge...sigh* short rant over...

The second Kaisercraft Saturday Challenge this month has a few requirements for entry, your artwork needs to be:

- Sparkly
- Floral
- have at least one three dimensional element

And don't forget the 75% Kaisercraft product rule :)

Read more about this challenge here.

I used a square card blank from the pack of 50 that I told you about in my last post. Kaisercraft products included paper from the Hippy Girl Collection, P551 Sunshine (I used the reverse side for the long banners to the right). The sentiment was put together using letter stickers from the Timeless collection, SS143. The pearl accents were self adhesive pearls, SB713 Pearl. The silver bling is a no-name brand, as is the ribbon (which was actually recycled off of a gift!). the flower was handmade by moi, using a brad and circles cut out of tissue paper.


The sentiment was raised on foam squares to give them a little more prominence. I matched the envelope again, using a scrap piece of ribbon, and some bling.


The inside of my card was finished with die cut elements from the Hey Birdie Collection, DC317 Die Cut Elements. Remember when I made co-ordinating cards from this collection? if you'd like a reminder, have a look at the links below to refresh your memory :) the cards fully utilised Kaisercraft paper and die cuts, and were made into card kits that sold like hot cakes in a local scrapbook store.

- Hello Birdie! Card Kit Collection Card #1
- Hello Birdie! Card Kit Collection Card #2
- Hello Birdie! Card Kit Collection Card #3
- Hello Birdie! Card Kit Collection Card #4
- Hello Birdie! Card Kit Collection Card #5


I can hardly believe that it's been 3 years since I designed that particular card kit! hectic! I'm off to work on an assignment now, hope you feel inspired and get a little crafting in tonight - I sure wish I could! :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....