Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kaisercraft Saturday Challenge #1 - August

I am a huge fan of Kaisercraft products, I have a variety of clear stamps, paper and embellishments. I can't say that I have any of their colouring mediums, but maybe one day :)

I was browsing the internet for inspiration lately and came across their newly launched Saturday challenges. they are posted weekly and at the end of the month the entries are added into a draw to win one of two prize packages. The bonus here is that it's ok to be an international participant :) This is always a good incentive...lol! Anyway, I have been crafting up a storm, not only because of the chance to win some product, but because the challenges have different themes and requirements. This helps stir up the creative juices and gives some guidance while I am at my table. If you decide to enter these challenges yourself, you need to keep in mind that 75% of your artwork must be made up of Kaisercraft product. This should be easy though, all their stuff is just beautiful :) you could go and buy some if you don't have :)

Before I show my entry for the first Saturday of August's challenge, I want to share some information with my South African crafters. If you love to make cards, and prefer square bases (like me) you can now find packs of 50 envelopes and 50 cards at CNA. I don't know if this is country wide, but here in Johannesburg, at the  Clearwater Mall, I found them. They are R100 for the pack of 50, which works out to R2 per set of card and envelope - this is a real bargain! Way cheaper than cutting a sheet of cardstock that costs R5 into the square card shape, and then you still have to worry about finding or making a square envelope to match. The brand is docrafts, and the pack is called "Anita's Square Quality Cream Cards & Envelopes".

So, the first Saturday Challenge is to make a birthday card, you can see some inspiration and read more about this challenge here.

I used some pretty old generation Kaisercraft that I had hiding in my pile of paper, it's from the Sugar Sugar collection, P370 Chocolate Drops. I also used die cut shapes from the Technologic collection, CT710 Collectables; as well as a Happy Birthday sentiment from the Mini Clear Stamp Set, CS903 Wishes. I also added two rub on's which came off the SB528 All Boy sheet.



I've also really enjoyed finishing off the inside of my cards as well, matching them to the theme on the front. I feel it gives it that added 'extra' and adds a bit more of a personal touch.  I don't think it would be missed if it wasn't done, but it sure would make a difference once seen by the recipient!


To avoid wasting any paper or cut off's, why don't you try using them to finish off the insides of your own cards? you will see that the main gear on the front of the card has two ends cut off of it, I used these cut off's on the inside of my card and it really pops!

Another thing I've recently started doing, is personalising the envelope that the card comes in, here, I've used a few of the die cuts.


I have another three cards that I'll be entering over the next couple of days, for the other challenges that Kaisercraft has set - got to space the blog posts out :)
Have a fantastic week ahead!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....