Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ten Minute card making with your silhouette

You know, sometimes I think I could be the spokesperson for the Silhouette Cameo. Lol! So, anyway, I wanted to make a quick card, something that would take me less than ten minutes. I managed it in less ;) I seriously timed myself with a stopwatch...chief nerd, I know.



If you'd like to give this a go, you will need the following:

- three pieces of patterned paper. These must be big enough for the cut file sizes. I used paper from the Simple Stories Snap Life paper pad.
- one piece of cardstock. This must also be big enough for the cut file size
- embellishments: I used the simple stories paper pad to cut out a part of my sentiment. Buttons, twine, brads.

The cut file I used was (click on the link to go to it's exact location in the silhouette store):

- Side step card

The rest is easy! no need to explain it to a silhouette user now is there? This literally took me about nine and a half minutes to put together. I saved time by threading the buttons with floss while one of the cuts was on the go, and tied the twine while the last piece was being cut.


How fun? and easy? right? The store has so many ready to cut and assemble cards, perfect for those days when you have no ready-made cards in your stash (pft! yeah right!) or if you don't have just the right card available, or heck, if you just feel like playing a bit with your silhouette!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....