Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bugs 'n' Kisses

I think that of the four cards I created on Sunday, this one is my favourite. The stamp set is quite old and I got it for free in issue number 83 of Simply Cards and Papercraft Magazine. It's a Pink Petticoat clear stamp set.

It is truly amazing to me how true the saying, 'out of sight, out of mind', is. I discovered a wealth of crafting things this weekend because I decided to dig through things. I have soooooooo much ribbon (and an unposted ribbon storage idea), embellishments, and even stamps that have never been used before. It's ridiculous. The stamp set is one of them.


Before I continue with my supply list, I have to tell you about the challenge blog that inspired this card. The Card Concept currently has a colour challenge going, it was right up my alley!

So one of the things about The Card Concept, is that you need to explain what style card you've made. I'm hoping this has qualified under clean and Simple? there is a lot of white space.....

The big brown flower is by Petaloo and comes from their Pennylane Garden collection. The smaller flowers are unbranded (I have complained about this before - scrapbook stores should label these flowers even if they are breaking them into smaller packs...)

The image(s) is coloured with promarkers and was stamped with a black Pretty Color stamp pad.


The inside was finished with a single bug. also coloured with Promarkers.

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. That little bug is just too cute! Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card, so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet sentiment and a cute cute card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept for the first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card!! I love the flowers and the little bug is adorable!!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely darling, Petra! I love the elegant flowers paired with the cute image and all of the white space. So many different looks combined into one great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....