Friday, January 17, 2014

Bride to be

My little sister got married in December. My LITTLE sister guys. The one seven years younger. The one who turned 21 in November. Hectic. I am so happy for her :)

I cried when she asked me to be her Maid of Honour (technically Matron - since I'm married...and old - but let's not go there, I like the sound of Maid of Honour much better!). And I was even more touched when she refused to have her bridal shower without me. She told me point blank that it wouldn't be her shower if I wasn't there to organise and attend like I should. Stephan and I live about 8 hours away from them so it was kind of difficult to get there for a party a month before the wedding...

So I organised and I bought things, and I made things, and I invited people, and I organised some more. Some things couldn't happen the way I planned or envisioned them but a party is like crafting...only you know where the mistakes are. I think it went well, and I hope that we all managed to make a memory for my sister that she can keep for a lifetime, especially considering the fact that she had her party the night before her wedding.

I took a couple of snaps, and in case you were wondering, none of the food was externally catered. I even made and iced the cupcakes myself (pats self on back).

P.S. The beautiful lady in the black and white photograph is my mom, on one of the rare occasions that she actually allows me to photograph her...Love you mom, you are the most beautiful woman in the world. xoxo










 


 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Best Wishes to your little sister! All the food and all the people are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job P! Little sis looks so cute and you both look to young to be married. Loved the photo of Mom - priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....