Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 Fridge Calendar

We may already be 11 days into the new year, but it isn't too late to churn out a calendar for it! I've been working on and off on this calendar since around the 31st of December and I am proud to say that I have finally stopped tinkering...


I have had a particular stamp set in my stash for two years...without ever using it. I am guilty of craft hoarding and I admit it freely. In my defence, I think it was well worth the wait and I needed to really know what I wanted to do with it.

Said stamp set is a calendar set. It contains a grid for the dates (including day of the week markers), months, birdies, flowers, flower stems and a few bits and bobs. Not a bad stamp set for R135 actually, provided you actually use it that is.

So, on old years eve, I stamped my heart out. grid after grid, month after month, bird after bird...you get the idea. I used up scrap white card that I have been trying to get rid of forever, I used up brightly coloured cardstock (that I have also been trying to get rid of forever - keeping in mind that I often stay away from bright colours). I got to colour! a lot! It made for a very therapeutic evening indeed.

And then I didn't know what else to do. So I left it to mull a bit. and this evening I added ribbon, lots of glorious ribbon. And now I feel it is complete.


For those who absolutely have to know, the stamp set is by Micia Crafts. Unfortunately Micia don't seem to label their stamp sets so I don't know what to call it, other than a calendar stamp set? I used a combination of sharpies and Promarkers to colour the various images, and the colour cardstock is Papermates. The actual dates have been written in to each grid by hand.

I decided to punch holes at the top of each page in order to hold everything together, and used twine to eventually do so. I have these really cute peg magnets on the fridge so I've used these to hold the twine.


I alternated the colour cardstock as well as the embellishments and stamps. The birdie stamps remained a constant throughout, as did the flowers. The flowers, however, have different stems and heads throughout.



 




All that's left to do now is to add the public holiday dates within each month...my favourite part of any calendar :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....