I have had a particular stamp set in my stash for two years...without ever using it. I am guilty of craft hoarding and I admit it freely. In my defence, I think it was well worth the wait and I needed to really know what I wanted to do with it.
Said stamp set is a calendar set. It contains a grid for the dates (including day of the week markers), months, birdies, flowers, flower stems and a few bits and bobs. Not a bad stamp set for R135 actually, provided you actually use it that is.
So, on old years eve, I stamped my heart out. grid after grid, month after month, bird after bird...you get the idea. I used up scrap white card that I have been trying to get rid of forever, I used up brightly coloured cardstock (that I have also been trying to get rid of forever - keeping in mind that I often stay away from bright colours). I got to colour! a lot! It made for a very therapeutic evening indeed.
And then I didn't know what else to do. So I left it to mull a bit. and this evening I added ribbon, lots of glorious ribbon. And now I feel it is complete.
For those who absolutely have to know, the stamp set is by Micia Crafts. Unfortunately Micia don't seem to label their stamp sets so I don't know what to call it, other than a calendar stamp set? I used a combination of sharpies and Promarkers to colour the various images, and the colour cardstock is Papermates. The actual dates have been written in to each grid by hand.
I decided to punch holes at the top of each page in order to hold everything together, and used twine to eventually do so. I have these really cute peg magnets on the fridge so I've used these to hold the twine.
I alternated the colour cardstock as well as the embellishments and stamps. The birdie stamps remained a constant throughout, as did the flowers. The flowers, however, have different stems and heads throughout.
All that's left to do now is to add the public holiday dates within each month...my favourite part of any calendar :)