Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Husband's Lunch

What do you do when you feel creative? You want to spoil your husband (slash boyfriend, slash partner)? And it's a Sunday night...

You bedazzle his lunchbox!

And that's what I did :) I used a few cut files off my silhouette and made a special little project for my hubby.



If you want to do the same for your loved one, you can use the following files from the silhouette store:

- 12-pc puzzle by Lori Whitlock
- Gift

All you need to do to avoid the design cutout on the bag (like I did) is to select the file, 'right click' and select 'ungroup'. Select the cutout shape and 'delete'. Easy peasy!

The puzzle was a little more involved.



I filled the puzzle shape with a chalkboard background, drew a rounded rectangle shape in a white line, and added text and a few heart shapes. If you're looking for the same, I used the following files:

- Chalkboard Printable pattern
- 11 hearts

Of course, you need to use the registered marks to print the file, and then cut it with your silhouette.



I made my hubby a peanut butter and rasberry jam (because red is the colour of love!) sandwhich and cut a heart shape out of it. You could use a big heart-shaped cookie cutter to do this...but I don't have one and I just 'winged it'. The bread is a low GI, white, seeded loaf.



As you can see, the bag was cut from black cardstock, and decorated with white rub on stickers. the puzzle pieces were shuffled and placed within the bag for assembly when hubby eventually ate lunch on the Monday.

Just so you know, the crusts of the sandwhich made a good breakfast that morning!!!!!

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun, sweet idea. And that sandwich is making me hungry (the bread alone looks delicious!).

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....