Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Making your own custom background paper - a stamping tutorial

I don't know about you, but I love to have a good 'dot' pattern in my paper stash. Dots just seem to go with everything! It's hard though, to get dot patterns in every colour you may (one day) need, and this being so, I don't have too many.

Remember this post? I {heart} family



I put together more than just a tutorial on home-made washi tape from my craft session that day. I also created the background dot paper myself!

And it was ingenious...if I do say so myself. You can do it too! it's soooooo easy! All you need is: Cardstock, Ink pad, dot stamps (I used the full stops from an alphabet set I have)

 


 Depending on the amount of paper you plan on being visible, stamp your dots randomly. I was going for a 'sort' of vintage/modern look on my page and thought that white ink would go well with my other colour choices.
 
 
Pattern paper can be so expensive guys, this is a much cheaper option if you don't mind the extra work. In terms of Rands, pattern paper can cost anything from R10 a sheet while cardstock is around R5. Half price! now who wouldn't go for that?
 
As always, I would love to see your take on this idea! I know it's not super inventive, but it gets us back to basics, and helps those who are new or cash-strapped to try something that could help in the long run.
 
Happy crafting!
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....