Friday, August 2, 2013

I {heart} Family

I recently dug up a couple of photos that I had printed years ago...with the intention of scrapping...which I never got to...

I've been on a mission lately to make stuff, and it has been quite enjoyable. It's been fun to take a new stance on my crafting after the long hiatus. My work is definitely different, and I'm finding quite a bit of influence has crept in from what I've seen on the internet. I'm loving different colours, textures and techniques, and a layout just doesn't look complete if it isn't 'bold'(if that makes sense?).

I've also come to the realisation that I don't always have to feel like I have to use an entire 12x12 sheet on a layout, because I'm scared of collecting scraps. In fact, a lot of my scrapping lately has me using not only new 12x12 pieces, but also diving into my scrap stash for the tiniest 2x5cm piece, that is just the right colour, for a layout (for example). Scraps are good, people. If you don't cut, you won't get.

I also have two tutorials that came out of this layout, one was the washi tape tutorial in my last post. The second one also has to do with stamping, and will show you how you can improvise with your crafting, not only with scrapbooking, but also with card making etc.

So anyway, I did this layout for my hubby. He loves his family, so much.



Note the homemade Washi Tape!



 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Your layout is gorgeous! Love all the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....