Friday, February 1, 2013

What's up with that?

At the end of December I got a really random e-mail from a challenge blog owner asking me to be a guest on their DT. To be fair, I had placed the usual GDT acronym behind my name when they suggested those who wanted to design do so, when I entered one of their challenges (so random might not be the right word) quite a while ago (maybe October?).

The e-mail asked me if I would like to Guest design for the Anything Goes challenge they were going to have. I sent an e-mail replying in the positive and was asked to have a photo of my creation e-mailed by a certain date (also end of December). I was on holiday at the time and advised the owner that I would send the picture once I got back home, which would still be before the given deadline.

Chuffed I was, not even thinking to ask when the challenge date would be, and when I would be allowed to post the same image on my blog.

I merrily made the card and sent it off, not forgetting my signature watermark on the photo. I haven't heard a word from the blog owner or seen my card on their blog since. What is up with that? And I feel a bit embarrassed to send her an e-mail to ask her why she hasn't used my card, I don't want to sound like I'm whining. Am I? After rereading the e-mail exchange, I wonder if she might be a bit miffed that I didn't take up her offer of using a free image from her personal Digi site?

Either way, I thought it was time that this card saw the light of my blog page and I've decided to post it whether or not it gets used on the challenge blog. It's my property and I can do what I want to.


I used a whole lot of Scrap paper, sewing bits together as I went along. I actually pretty much cased this card design straight out of the November (or was it December?) Cards and Papercraft magazine. I added my own twist to the mix, but that's where I got my inspiration. The stamp and sentiment, funny enough, is also a Cards and Papercraft freebie, but the brand name escapes me right now. The flowers are a mix of petaloo and something else (South African craft stores feel the need to repackage flowers and put their store names on the packaging, so I don't know who the manufacturer is, irritated much?)

The fairy is coloured with a mix of my trusty Sharpies and Promarkers. The little butterflies from the swappable no-name-brand punch i bought last year. All sewn together with my Singer ;)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to show it - it's gorgeous. Love the colors and all the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Petra that card is amazing!!! And the pink is so you!!! I totally love it. You did an awesome job. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which adjective to use... Pretty, yes! Cute, yes!
    Well done P! Really love the colors on this and she is a cutie, well colored.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....