Friday, January 4, 2013

{Timeless} Scrapbook LO

So, today I have a scrapbook layout to share with you all. It's one of many 'wedding related layouts that's I've crafted in the last week or so. I've been trying to finish an album I started almost three months ago as an anniversary gift for my in-laws and since I've been on leave (vacation), Crafting time has been in abundance and I have managed to catch up tremendously.

There is a lot of pressure when putting together an album for somebody else. Will they like it? will they be happy with the photo's you chose? Will they appreciate the time and effort that went into making it? Because let's face it, an album full of double page layouts is no easy task. I find singles much easier and inspiring to put together.

The album is to be filled with equal pages of my in-laws wedding photographs, and their two sons weddings. Both Stephan and I, and Conrad and Colleen's photographs are in digital format so are easy to print out and cut as I please. My in-laws photo's however are not, and in order to protect the originals, I scanned them into my PC and saved them in digital format. This is a great tip for anyone wishing to archive old photographs and I highly recommend that you do so if have old film photographs lying around.

I've done the album in date order, so my in-laws pages will be first, followed by Stephan and I, and last but not least Conrad and Colleen. So far, I still have 3 double page layouts to complete, as well as the front and back single pages.

Each Layout is colour themed according the wedding colours, I thought this might add a nice sentimental touch for my mother-in-law. She scrapbooks too and will pick up on the smaller details.

So, without further adieu, here is the first of many Layouts to come...


The original design for this layout is actually by the scrapbook store close to my home, called Scrapbook and things. I love this layout so much that this is at least the third time I've utilised the design.

Believe it or not, I actually used scrap pattern paper for the squares, I couldn't believe my luck when I scratched around in the pile :)

Close of the Right hand page

Close up of the Left hand page

I used a few flowers, brads and rub-on's for accents on the page. The ribbon was actually a short piece lying around that would never have made it into a bow. I love using every tiniest bit of stuff that I have, I can't stand to waste... I think I may be a bit of a hoarder..



I love the vintage nature of these photographs, they're grainy and beautiful in black and white. I hope that the layout will bring back fond memories of the day my in-laws got married :)
 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout and I'm sure your in-laws will love your album.

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....