Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy Belated Christmas and New Year!

As I've said above, Happy Belated Christmas and New Year to everybody! I trust that you all enjoyed a wonderful time with your families and that the festive period was a blessed and happy one. Hubby and I spent time with both our sets of parents and we were spoilt rotten with Christmas gifts, though we did not forget what Christmas was all about either. I thank God for his unfailing love for each of us, and that because of this love He sent His Son to live among us, eventually taking the sins of the world upon His shoulders. What an amazing sacrifice.

I have been quite busy these last couple of months, despite my absence from the blog world, and I have a lot of posts to catch up on. I have created for friends, family and myself alike, and have had a ball of a time doing it! In amongst crafting, I also wrote end of year exams in November ( I am currently in my second year of my BCompt Management Accounting Degree), passing all my subjects, and spent a lot of quality time with family. And let me not forget to mention, the major clean up of my craft space, or the remodelling of our bedroom. So you see, I have much to blog about! Let's hope I won't be lazy and leave things out... Besides all of that, I am sure that this year is going to be an abundance of memories waiting to happen.

Today though, I have a card to share, as the photo's were the easiest to edit amongst the hundreds of others I took :) LOL's!

I used a new technique (for me anyway), and used my Singer (sewing machine for those who don't know yet that I purchased one) on paper for the first time. I must admit it was quite an experience and I was quite nervous about it at first. Many thoughts ran through my head, from how to make the ends look neat, to how this was going to blunt my machine's needle. Well, I sort of got the ends to look neat, and the needle isn't blunt yet, and trust me, I've used it on many a project besides material since. I have also realised that it is easier to choose one colour and go with it on almost every project without swopping the thread out because let's face it, who wants to rethread a sewing machine five or more times a day?



The stamp is from an Angel Company set (B, I can never thank you enough for it) and all of the paper is from my scrappy stash, which is thankfully a lot more organised since my big clean and purge a couple of weeks ago.



Thank you all for being patient with my random posts last year, and my lack of appearances in the cyber world. I hope to turn that around this year and I can't wait to write my next post :) Until then, have a wonderful day!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Happy 2013 to you as well. Love your card and all the dimension and the sewing on it. I want to try that, but haven't gotten up the nerve yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello stranger :o)
    Examns - no wonder you've been quiet lately, and wonderful to see your creations again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2013 and congratulations on passing your exams. Love your card...my machine doesn't like sewing on paper, but I am determined to get it to do so. Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see some of your creativity again, P.....this is really cute...and you've stepped it up with the sewing. I'm a scared cat about using my machine so always hand sew....looks nowhere as pretty as this, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! You're back! I have never tried sewing on paper since sewing in general is hazardous to my health. Very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....