Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Mighty Pinwheel

Ah, yes, the mighty pinwheel. How it has entertained millions for many years. I decided to give it a go today.

I whipped three pinwheels up in less than ten minutes (it helps to be a paper hoarder and to have tons, literally, of paper on hand - especially scraps). An easy craft, suitable for all ages, whether you are a bona fide 'crafter' or not these babies are simple!

I cut mine using my Silhouette (read fancy papercrafting cutting machine that cost an arm and a leg me a pretty penny) because I'm lazy like that, but you can easily print a template of the good ole internet and cut the form out with any old pair of scissors. Good craft for kids I think. Below are just three of the template and directions sites I found when I googled Pinwheels:


There are many such sites I am sure, but I think the above will more than suffice.

So, what did I do with my pinwheels? Well, the avid photographer in me took them on a photo shoot of course!


In the Pot plants
By the Wheelbarrow
In the bush!
And in the house...

I even gave them a good ole exercising! Phew!


Would love to see the pinwheels you make, drop me an e-mail with a picture or two :)

Happy Weekend!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun. I have to confess everytime I see one of these I have to blow and watch them turn.

    P.S Are you cold? Looks like you are wrapped up for a trip in the winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty :D
    Looks warmer at your place than here btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you just need a soft breeze! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....