Friday, May 18, 2012

Booming Great Crafting

I am in love with my silhouette Cameo, it really is a magic little medium sized machine. Paired with a little creativity and smashing paper, the world really is your paper oyster. I am sounding like an endorser for Silhouette, but I truly just love it.

Granted, I made today's feature quite a few weeks back, but I think I should be forgiven based on the fact life has been busy and I am in the middle of exams fr the first semester. I have crafted quite a lot lately however and I am building a nice little stockpile of goodies to show on the blog. My aim is to eventually be back to posting a project a day, and injecting some much needed crafty goodness into my everyday life. That being said, I need to catch up with many old friends as well.


I created the boombox of the card from a black cardstock and patterned paper from my scrap paper pile (yes, it still mocks me with it's thin edged grin). The cut file came with the original bunch of files stored in the SIlhouette program so that was a bargain. The ever so fancy buttons were a priceless find in my mish mash of a button collection :)
The silhouette has a marvellous function called 'weld', this allows you to weld items together after overlaping them somewhat. I used this function for my card sentiment. Being a little cheeky and clever with the line came surprisingly easily...
Of course, the beloved cuttlebug had to make an appearance and I used a more masculine looking embossing folder for the base of the card. The tiny music notes are punched with a mini punch.
Until my next post.... Have a great weekend!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your boombox card! What a cool way to use your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exams? What exams............think I have missed something

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....