Monday, April 16, 2012

Beautiful Bunting

So, Bunting has been all the rage for a few months now. It has appeared everywhere, from birthday parties, to scrapbook pages to cards. I have made use of the famous bunting before, but never like this.

I guess I should own up to a new addition in my stash, a certain cutting machine which hubby approved with great gusto :) yes, it is true, I am the proud owner of a brand new Silhouette Cameo. There, I said it. A guilty purchase if there ever was one I must say, to spend so much money on one craft tool. Nevertheless it is a part of my crafting landscape and it shall be used with much vigour.

I have made quite a few creations with my lovely machine so far, the first of which was an Easter card, but I think we are way past Easter now and I'll show you another one instead.

For those of you that have a silhouette, you will know that this amazing machine has a program that is even better than the blade it cuts with :) The free images that come with it are versatile and easy to adjust to become completely different items.

I used the banner file that is part of the initial group of images that come with the machine. I used the ungroup function and then repositioned the elements so that they overlapped each other. I then welded them together to make a cohesive banner, and sent to the machine to cut!

I used a Kaiserkraft unmounted stamp for the sentiment and punched a few dots with my crop-a-dile out of some scrap pieces of paper and voila! quick card in the making! oh, and I raised the banners on foam squares :)

wishing you a very happy beginning of the week!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Petra, I love the bunting....who wouldn't? Great colours, too.
    I bought the first edition machine, and loved it, but it only cuts basics......haven't used it for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new purchase. You certainly are using it to the best advantage as this is a lovely card, simple but gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful work Petra. Congratulations to your new treasure under your craftingtools

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can never have to many tools - and love the bunting.......

    ReplyDelete

Due to my blog receiving in excess of 100 spam comments per week, I have been forced to activate Word verification in order to prove that you are not a robot!

Apologies to the REAL people out there who now have to go through this painful exercise.....